I’m writing this because I was thinking about one of mine.
- Having barely anybody to cosplay as for comic-con. As a POC, and a perfectionist (I like my cosplay to look exact) I find myself sadly limited when it comes to cosplay. That goes for video-game, book, comic book, TV, anime and film characters. Of course there are a few, like Zoe Castillo from Dreamfall, or Katara from Avatar: The Last Airbender. But honestly, it’s a drag. I’m honestly stuck on who to go as (although I’m currently leaning on Zoe).
- When I’m sat with nothing to do and I can’t think of something to watch. As a shut-in, I always need something to marathon. So when I’m stuck in times without, I start having withdrawal symptoms. I become miserable. And sometimes it can take me a while to find something new. In fact, it can take me a while to even find a genre that I want.
- People who drive with the car window open. As somebody who despises wind, sitting in an enclosed space with it is irritating.
- People who ask you to like their profile picture. There’s no point in it. Having more like on your pictures shows and means nothing. It’s a picture. And even if they say ‘fishing for like lol’ it doesn’t make it any less stupid.
- When people get annoyed if you say ‘I only got an A/B’. I don’t say that because it’s a bad grade. I know it’s not. I say it because I can do better. Truth be told I’m lazy and don’t revise and I don’t really deserve anything. But still, don’t take it the wrong way.
- People who ask what I’m reading and then say they hate reading. I’m reading. I clearly don’t hate it. And if I’m reading don’t even talk to me. And honestly, I don’t care if you don’t.
- People who only talk to you when they’re sad. I have a friend to whom I haven’t spoken to properly since I helped her with a break up. I have tried, but I’m invisible to her. Despite the fact I’m the only one who helped her.
- People who like to think they have the worst life in the world. Think your life is shit is normal for people my age. But when I console in someone about how I needed counseling or they asked me things about my past and they then feel the need to out-pity me it’s annoying. Even if their life is worse than mine. Or people who basically tell me I can’t be sad because there are people with worse lives out there. What, can I not be happy either because people out there are happier?
- The biggest pet peeve; when people judge me on my past. Sure, I was a shitty person. A liar, an attention seeker; but I’m not that anymore. I learned from my mistakes, converted religion (well, it’s not technically a religion), and I’ve never and will never do it again. And then people still hate me, well, they hate the person I used to be and can’t let it go. And then they like to remind me of it; even though I remember it every day anyway.